Hey, hope you all had a good Christmas. belated Happy New Year wishes for 2026.”
Since the Christmas break, I’ve found it unexpectedly challenging to fall back into the rhythm of blogging. This is probably my fifth or sixth attempt to get going again. Don’t get me wrong, I still want to blog and have plenty of ideas, but for some reason, I’ve struggled to regain my momentum. To ease myself back in, I thought a recap of some of Lotte’s key moments over the past few weeks, a look back at highlights from 2025, and a glimpse into what I envision for 2026 might be a good place to start.
A QUIET CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
It was a quiet Christmas, and honestly, that’s exactly how I like it. My daughter decided to work on both Christmas and Boxing Day, so we pushed back the present opening and our Christmas dinner to the 27th. My wife and I stuck to our tradition with a Christmas morning walk, and I remember the rest of the day being spent napping on the living room couch after another episode of gender dysphoria.
When we finally had our belated Christmas dinner on the 27th, it was lovely. We skipped the full turkey and opted for pre-cooked turkey slices instead. The usual side dishes made their appearance, roast potatoes, mash, Brussels sprouts, seasonal vegetables, and, of course, pigs in blankets.
As for presents, there was nothing girly for me from either my wife or daughter, but I did treat myself to a couple of perfumes, which I wrapped up and opened on the day. To be fair, though, they did chip in for a twin pack of sports vests I’d asked for. If you remember from a previous post, they’re more like bras than vests, but I’m delighted to have a few extras since one just wasn’t really enough.
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day came and went, and they were pretty much a repeat of Christmas Day, mostly spent asleep again, thanks to more gender dysphoria episodes. I do remember being woken up just after midnight as New Year’s Day arrived, courtesy of a neighbour and their nearly two-hour-long firework display!
Imagine how many lovely dresses you could buy with the money wasted on two hours of fireworks!
REFERRAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
At the beginning of the month, I received an email confirming the receipt of my self-referral to Transcend. The email informed me that I’ve now been added to their triage list and that, following the outcome of the triage, they would notify both me and my GP regarding whether my referral has been accepted or rejected. I can only assume that their assessment will be based on the information I provided in my self-referral application.
I self-referred because I’m exploring the possibility of gender-affirming hormone therapy to help manage the episodes of gender dysphoria.
PINK JUMPER COMFORT
Only eight days into 2026, and I’d already made a few clothing purchases I probably shouldn’t have. I couldn’t shake the image of a pink jumper from a recent dream, and despite my best efforts to resist, I ended up buying not one, but three pink jumpers.
The first jumper looked great on screen, but when I tried it on, it didn’t quite live up to expectations. It wasn’t anything special. Perhaps with a little more weight loss, it might become more flattering, only time will tell.
I picked up the second jumper because I absolutely love its colour and the textured lash knit. I think it will pair perfectly with black leggings and knee-high boots for a chic, cosy look.
As for the third jumper, I’d had my eye on it just before Christmas as a potential outfit for the festive period.. I really liked it, and when I saw it on sale, I decided to grab it for next Christmas. Hopefully, it will fit better by then, too!
SOME MORE PERFUMES
I have my sister to thank (or blame) for the latest additions to my perfume collection. During Saturday morning breakfast a couple of weeks ago, she casually mentioned that Lidl had some perfumes that were dupes for well-known designer fragrances. After enjoying our poached eggs on toast and a cup of coffee, we decided to head over to the nearby Lidl and check out their perfume aisle.
There were several Suddenly Fragrances on display, along with tester bottles, but it was my sister who pointed out two in particular: 'Lovely', said to be similar to DIOR J'adore, and 'Madame Glamour', believed to resemble Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. She sprayed both testers onto her wrists, and after smelling them, I liked them too. At less than £5 a bottle, I was tempted to grab them, but I managed to resist. My sister picked up the 'Madame Glamour', and as she paid, the woman serving her commented on how nice the fragrances were, mentioning that she owned several herself but particularly loved the one my sister had just bought.
I did well holding back... but as you can probably guess, the next day I was back and bought both perfumes for my collection. This time, I had my wife with me, and I let her sample them too. She preferred the 'Lovely' fragrance, so I ended up buying it for her.
I think there were at least two or three other fragrances available, so I’m thinking I might pick those up next few months.
NAIL POLISH IN PUBLIC UPDATE
It’s been well over three weeks since I had my nails done with black gloss gel polish, and in that time I’ve been in plenty of public places, cafés, restaurants, pubs, shops, on public transport, and even at the gym. People have certainly noticed, but so far there hasn’t been a single negative reaction.
I’ve actually received a couple of compliments. One came from a saleswoman in a furniture shop, who told me she liked my nails and joked that they were far better than her own. The second was from a young man behind the bar in a restaurant. As I was settling the bill, he simply said, “I like your nails,” to which I replied with a grateful “thanks.”
It was also my first couple of weeks back at work after the Christmas break, and my first two full weeks wearing black nail polish in the workplace. It proved largely uneventful, with nobody batting an eyelid.
Overall, the gel polish held up well. There were a few small chips, which I touched up with black nail polish, and as my nails have been growing longer, I’ve been keeping them tidy with my glass nail file.
A week ago Saturday I returned to the beauty salon to have them redone. It was a different nail technician this time, the daughter of the woman who did them previously, and she did a fabulous job. I think they may even look slightly better than last time, so I’m absolutely delighted. I still love how the glossy finish catches the light.
Owning the look hasn’t always been easy. There are times when I have to consciously remind myself to maintain that air of confidence in public. You might be surprised to hear this, but I’m actually quite shy, at least until you get to know me. I know, black glossy nails definitely draw attention, and there have been moments when I've questioned my choice. But honestly? I love them too much now to ever go back to plain nails.
HAIR UPDATE
What can I say about my hair other than it's growing longer day by day. I suppose I could say it's at the awkward stage now but I'm managing to keep it looking okay by applying a little hair food each day and then styling it whilst wet. When it dries I brush my hand through my hair to give it some volume whilst keeping it looking tidy. The top is long enough to put it into a ponytail or bun if I wish and at the back I'm able to get my hair into a little ponytail.
My plan is to consult with a hairstylist, share the image below, and discuss how we can work together to achieve this look as my hair continues to grow. I'm hoping that, with her expertise, we can create a plan to gradually shape and style my hair, ultimately reaching this desired result in the future.
HEALTH AND FITNESS UPDATE
2025 wasn't a bad year, running-wise. Once I got back into the groove in May, I managed to rack up quite a bit of mileage. I was on track to hit my 1000km target for the year, but I ended up falling short due to a couple of setbacks. I had to take a week off to let my tattoo heal, which cost me 30km in December. Then, in November, I only managed one run during the week leading up to my Bridal Makeover and Photo-shoot, which meant I lost another 20km that month.
All things considered, though, I’m pretty pleased with my monthly totals from May through December:
Jan 45 km
Feb 0 km
Mar 0 km
Apr 0 km
May 49 km
Jun 127 km
Jul 126 km
Aug 135 km
Sep 135 km
Oct 135 km
Nov 105 km
Dec 110 km
Total 967 km
For 2026, I’ve set myself a goal of 1440km for the year, which works out to about 120km per month.
As for my weight, when I started running again in May 2025, I weighed 112kg. By the end of the year, I was down to 94.5kg, which means I lost 17.5kg (38lbs). While I had hoped for a bit more progress, I’m still happy with the results.
This year, I’m aiming to lose at least another 10kg by staying consistent with my exercise routine and continuing to eat healthily.
LOOKING BACK OVER 2025
Looking back on 2025, it’s incredible to see how far I've come. It feels as though that year, for the first time, I really allowed myself to spread my wings, to take small but meaningful steps toward embracing who I truly am. Each milestone, no matter how big or small, has been an important part of my journey, helping me feel more connected to my true self and easing the weight of my gender dysphoria.
One of the most defining moments of the year was my first-ever makeover and photo-shoot. I had always imagined what it would feel like to fully embrace my femininity, but stepping into that moment was something else entirely. The experience wasn’t just about looking a certain way, it was about feeling seen, feeling right in my own skin. And the photos that came from that day serve as a reminder of how far I've come and how much more I have to give.
Then came my bridal makeover and photo-shoot, an experience that felt incredibly special. It wasn’t just about the beautiful dress or the makeup (though those were definitely highlights!). It was about realising a dream, to look and feel completely feminine, to embrace my true self and feel truly special, even if just for a few hours.
2025 was also the year I finally took the plunge into permanent self-expression with a feminine tattoo. It wasn’t just ink on skin; it was a statement to myself, a reminder that I can create beauty and art that aligns with who I truly am. It was about marking my body in a way that feels authentic to me, and each glance at the tattoo brings me a sense of pride and confidence.
On top of all that, I treated myself to more ear piercings, nipple piercings and my first experience at a beauty salon, where I had my nails done with gel polish. These may seem like small steps, but to me, they’re part of a larger picture, little things that help me feel more connected to my femininity and give me the confidence to keep moving forward. It's about finding joy in the details, in the rituals, and in the care I give myself.
Looking back, it’s clear that 2025 has been a year of growth, of expression, and of reclaiming what’s always been mine. I’ve learned that gender dysphoria doesn't have to define me, that there are steps, both big and small, that can help me feel more aligned with who I am.
WHAT'S AHEAD FOR 2026
As I step into 2026, I’m filled with hope and excitement for what lies ahead. I’ve only just begun to spread my wings, and I can’t wait to see how much further I can grow, express myself, and live authentically in the year to come.
I’m not sure 2026 will be as eventful or exciting as 2025 has been, and maybe that’s not such a bad thing. After all, it’s often in the quieter moments that we find space for reflection and deeper growth. Still, there are a few things on the horizon that I’m really looking forward to.
I’ve applied to study a makeup course one evening a week starting in September, something I’ve always wanted to explore more deeply. There’s also the possibility of counselling for my gender dysphoria, and perhaps even starting gender-affirming hormone therapy, both of which I hope will help me move closer to a sense of inner peace and harmony. The road ahead may be quieter, but it's filled with potential, and I’m ready to embrace whatever comes next.
Thanks for reading
Lotte x








That was a lovely read. I did feel the absence of Lotte news over the last few weeks so it's good to catch up with your life.
ReplyDeleteI told you the gel nails would hold up to daily life. I'm glad they've gone down well with others and make you happy. I think they're fab.
I am also a big fan of pink jumpers. You can never have too many!
I also very much like the hairstyle you're looking to get. It has a cuteness to it. I wish I'd known decades ago that there was hair food (presumably a bit like Baby Bio for plants!) It's too late for me ...but save yourself!
Glad to hear the perfumes are working out. I had a bit of a mixed success with my choices, as you saw, but I've noted the items that worked for you and I'll see if I can test them myself some time.
Great work on the health improvements and weight loss, too.
And nice to read your summary of 2025. These aren't little steps in your feminine progress, Lotte, they are HUGE advances. I hope 2026 brings less dysphoria and more joy. I think you're in a good position for that.
Sue xx
Thank you Sue, nice to read that you thought it was a lovely read. Yes, you were absolutely right about the nails, they do hold up well. Thanks for your kind words too, much appreciated x
DeleteHi Lotte,
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too.
I've missed your updates over the last while, so good to have you back. It can be difficult to get back into a rhythm in the new year, life can get in the way!
Looking back on your 2025, highlights you made massive strides, not little steps at all! By the sounds of things 2026 is going to be another big year.
I really like the hairstyle you have picked (the model is gorgeous btw, would love to look like her!) as it could work in both boy and girl mode!
I hope 2026 brings you closer to your goals and I look forward to hearing all about your adventures, I'm sure they will be eventful!.
Jasmine xx
Thank you for your kind comments Jasmine, its nice to read that you missed my updates. Yes, I have a few hairstyles that I like but that one is my overall favourite and it would be a dream come true to have my hair like that. The model in the hairstyle photo is indeed gorgeous, she's from Romania and her name is Andreea Diaconu x
DeleteHi Lotte,
ReplyDeleteWOW!
I'm going to have to have a proper dive into your writings cos it's been a while and I have clearly missed much. Those photos you share are astonishing! Truly amazing!
Happy New Year!!!!
Aww thanks for your kind comments Joanna x
DeleteI missed reading your news, so I'm glad your back. I have struggled with my blogging mojo too. I have only done one post this year and that took 5 days to write. Hopefully we both get back into our groove again. This post has certainly been a very enjoyable read. Sorry to hear you had some dysphoria moments over the holidays. I hope you succeed in making those moments far less in 2026. I loved reading about your highlights and progress during the last year. I really hope that this year is both exciting for you, and kind to you.
ReplyDeleteLove
Dee xxx
Thanks for your kind comments Deena, much appreciated. Nice to read that you missed reading my news and that you loved reading about my highlights and progress in 2025. Yes, I'm hoping 2026 will be kinder to me too x
DeleteOh, I'm going to need sit down after reading about your adventures and highlights! 🙂 Still, good to know you're getting both out & about, and finding a space that's more you.
ReplyDeleteI think your nails look fab and may I say I'm really pleased for you? Good to know they are ticking a box in your head, even if it's requiring a bit of Poker Face or Big Girl Pants, to stay the course.
Wishing you the best for whatever - and wherever - you intend to go this year. I hope the gender situation works as you need it to, as well.
Thanks for your kind comments Lynn. Yes the nails have definitely ticked a box. Thanks for your kind wishes too, much appreciated x
Delete