I originally planned to write about this back in June last year, but with everything going on, it was forgotten about until now. However, after recently posting about eye makeup, I thought now would be the perfect time to finally resurrect it.
I’d seen numerous teasers for the BBC series Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star, and while I’ve always had an appreciation for makeup, it wasn’t something I felt particularly drawn to watch. That is, until one evening, after returning home from the gym, I found my wife and daughter watching it and something about it immediately caught my attention.
Glow Up: Britain's Next Make-Up Star
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glow_Up:_Britain%27s_Next_Make-Up_Star
In the episode they were watching (Series 4, Episode 2), the nine remaining Makeup Artists are thrust into the world of theatre. Their challenge? To complete the stage looks for some Cirque du Soleil performers for a live performance of Luzia at the Royal Albert Hall, all under the watchful eye of Maryse Gosselin. Maryse is the makeup designer behind eight of Cirque's most iconic productions. The makeup artists have a pictures to work from but have to re-create the look.
It was the brightly coloured makeup that drew me in and made me want to watch further. This wasn’t your typical everyday or evening look; it was bold, striking even, and I found myself really liking it. As I watched, I became totally captivated, eagerly anticipating the final results. It was also the first time I openly chatted about makeup with my wife, explaining how I was drawn to certain eyeshadows, especially the shiny, metallic palettes. We found ourselves critiquing each of the makeup artists, discussing what we liked, what we didn’t, and rating their work. Sitting there with my wife, chatting about makeup, felt like a special moment, a connection over something we both enjoyed.
Thanks for reading,
Lotte xx
LUZIA by Cirque du Soleil - Official Trailer


Ding Dong!! I used to love Glow Up, but haven't seen it for a while. When I used to watch it, Stacey Dooley used to present it. Those looks are definitely bold. Some of them are very lovely but some are a little too heavy for my liking.
ReplyDeleteDee xxx
Thanks for leaving a comment Dee, much appreciated. Yes those looks are indeed bold but I found them quite appealing too x
Delete