For now, I’m quietly putting money aside for some electrolysis sessions on my face and may start looking into places for that around mid-year. I’d love to get my chest done too, but I’m going to try waxing first and see how it goes.
Sadly, I haven’t heard back from the woman I reached out to about the nano brow procedure after my initial consultation. But perhaps that’s a blessing in disguise. The procedure seems like a pretty drastic step, and there's always the risk of ending up with semi-permanent brows I don’t like, or brows that stand out like sore thumbs. Maybe it’s a safer bet to just stick to waxing and use an eyebrow pencil on the days I dress.
My application for the Introduction to Makeup Artistry course I’m interested in doing was submitted just before Christmas, and I’ve since received an email letting me know I’ll be contacted closer to enrolment time. Since I provided evidence that I meet the entry requirements, I’ve been told I’ll be given an earlier enrolment slot. So, hopefully, by September, I’ll be enrolled in the course.
SOUL SEARCHING WITH THE HELP OF AI
When I was putting together my recent blog post about soul searching with the help of AI, I anticipated that it might spark some cautionary comments. Perhaps the title was a bit misleading, or maybe 'soul searching' wasn’t quite the right phrase. The intention behind the post wasn’t to suggest that ChatGPT could replace a therapist; rather, it was to ask questions and explore the responses. I wanted to see what insights it might offer when it comes to deeply personal issues, like my own gender incongruence and dysphoria.
I’d like to think I’m neither naive nor gullible enough to treat ChatGPT’s answers as absolute truths. But I do believe that, when approached thoughtfully, the responses can provide useful perspectives and help me gain a deeper understanding of my own feelings and experiences.
FINDING TIME TO DRESS MORE
I can count on one hand the number of times I dressed in 2025. After a tough dysphoria episode over Christmas, even my wife agreed that I should get more organised and set aside one evening a week as Lotte time. She suggested either Friday or Saturday evening. I think that will help me immensely, so I’m currently putting together some outfits for the upcoming weeks.
She also suggested I do a wardrobe clear-out and try to make the balance of male to female clothing healthier. She thinks I have way too many women’s clothes, but that’s a bit of a contentious issue for me, I’d much rather have more female clothing than male. In fact, I’d prefer to have all female clothing, but I know that’s just not possible right now.
FLUFFY JUMPERS
Not satisfied with the pink jumpers I bought recently, I spotted another pink one at Morrisons the other day that I thought would pair perfectly with those skinny jeans and my All Saints boots, so I went ahead and bought it.
The white fluffy jumper I ordered from Vinted arrived, and while it’s nice, I was hoping for something a bit longer, as it feels a little short. So, I hopped back on Vinted and found another one that’s slightly longer. Once it arrives, I’m hoping to wear it next weekend.
BRACELETS
I've been squirrelling away things for Lotte's wardrobe for years now and I'm always looking for new things to add. My latest additions are some bracelets. I've got quite a few nice bracelets already but I really liked the following so decided to add them to my collection:
HEALTH AND FITNESS
Getting back into running after the festive break was tough, and flu-like symptoms kept me from hitting the gym much in January. I managed just three 10km runs throughout the month. But my running mojo is back now, and I’m feeling optimistic about February. My goal for this month is to hit around 130km.
I’ll admit that in January, I slipped back into eating crisps again, not excessively, but still more than I should have. I’ve also been snacking on Peperami sticks, which aren't great since they’re ultra-processed meat and high in fat and salt, so I’ll be cutting those out now. I’ve been keeping my bread intake to a minimum, and when I do have it, I usually choose sourdough over white bread.
We’re still sticking to salads and soups for evening meals during the week, so with regular exercise, I’m hoping to lose some weight over the next few months.
HAIR UPDATE
There are moments when I look in the mirror and feel really happy with how my hair is progressing. Some days, it falls just right, and I actually like the way it looks. But more often than not, I’m frustrated by my reflection. My hair feels light-years away from the style I want, and more often than not, I see a middle-aged man staring back at me, no longer sporting the short, neat hairstyle I've had for most of my life.
That said, I’ve been here before, and I know that growing my hair out is a test of patience and perseverance. It’s definitely a long game. I love showers now, though, because when I wash my hair, I can really feel how much longer it’s getting.
It's the end goal that keeps me going, knowing that, eventually, maybe I’ll achieve the style I’ve been craving. Having long hair already feels right; it makes me feel more authentic. I just need to push through this awkward phase, and then find a stylist who can help me shape it into the look I’m dreaming of.
SOME MORE PERFUMES
PAINTED NAILS IN PUBLIC UPDATE
I’ve received a few more compliments on my nails this past week, all from women at my workplace. One woman, who was waiting for the kettle to boil with me in the kitchen, said, 'I like your nails,' to which I replied, 'Thank you.' Another commented that my nails were really beautiful, and a third, a younger woman, noticed them as I handed her some equipment and told me she really liked them. That brings my total to six compliments since I started wearing nail polish in public!
It cost me £30 in total, which included removing the old gel polish, plus I gave the woman who did them a £5 tip. That works out to £8.75 a week, which feels completely worth it for the happiness and contentment it brings me.
Freshly done nails
I genuinely enjoy going to get my nails done now. The staff are incredibly friendly, and I always feel relaxed and comfortable in the beauty salon. Since they also offer hair services downstairs, I’m hoping that as my hair grows, I’ll be able to get it trimmed and styled there as well. Maybe one of the stylists can work with me to achieve the style I’ve been craving.
Thanks for reading,
Lotte x

Hey Lotte!
ReplyDeleteI love the bracelets especially the pearls and beads. I've not had much luck finding solid bands that fit my wrist correctly. Your nails look great and if my rough £ to $ conversion is close, I agree it seems a quite reasonable price for the happiness provided!
I used AI to investigate resources and in general gain understanding related to crossdressing before I was ready to move on to human interactions. Like you say, you can't have blind faith in any query's response but what LLMs are fantastic at is quickly searching through and summarizing huge amounts of data. I've had good luck by reformatting a question in multiple ways and then deciding from the responses if the model is giving me something based on actual research data or just making up pleasant sounding word chains based on my query's structure. As long as we realize that they are just a tool that can either be used wisely or foolishly I think AIs can be a great resource. I'm looking forward to part 2 of your series!
And yeah, where did January go???
All my best to you and yours,
Gail
Gail, thank you so much for your thoughtful comment!
DeleteI don't think it's possible to have too many female clothes; just too little closet space. :) I applaud your decision to make regular dress-up days. The regularity will help your mood and stability.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the encouragement Ally. I think you’re right about the regularity helping more than I realise.
DeleteI enjoyed this post. It's always lovely to catch up on your news, and I'm delighted that you're going to make dressing a regular thing. I think the very nature of mens and women's fashions means you will always have more female clothing than male, because men are usually quite unadventurous in their style if dressing and can get away with a wardrobe of staple items, whereas women like to wear many different styles. But a little decluttering is good now and then. Sorry to hear about your belly button ring. I've known a few people have problems with them, and I think they are a bad idea. For some reason the most clean if navels seem to attract infections. I'm loving your bangles and bracelets and look forward to seeing you in your fluffy jumpers.
ReplyDeleteDee xxx
Deena, thank you, this was such a thoughtful and generous comment. I always appreciate you taking the time to catch up and share your perspective. And yes… a little decluttering probably wouldn’t hurt if I can face it. The fluffy jumpers will definitely make an appearance soon.
DeleteYour wife is a star, and she's right about you having regular Lotte time. You are one lucky girl. On the ratio of men's to women's clothes, though, I agree with Dee above. Women's wardrobes are always bursting and men have far fewer things. It's just a fact. I'd expect around 3 times as many women's garments to men's in any couple's wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear about the nails. They're a daily reminder of who you really are. And good about the piercings, although it's a great shame about the belly button ring. Health is paramount, so you did the right thing to remove it and let it heal. If your nails are anything to go by, then your hair should grow quite fast.
Nice bracelets. You've reminded me that I could do with some new ones.
Sorry to hear about the flu thing. Good luck with the fitness.
Sue xx
Thank you Sue. Yes, I am very lucky and my wife is definitely a star, she's one in a million.. I appreciate your encouragement about making the dressing time regular; it really does matter. And yes, health first, even if it means saying goodbye (for now!) to the belly button jewellery.
Delete