Friday, August 22, 2025

French Polish Manicure Envy

 

If you're here reading this blog then there is a 99.9% chance that you already know what a French Polish Manicure is but if you don't then let me explain.
 
A French Polish Manicure is the ultimate in nail elegance.  It is a simple, classic and timeless nail style that usually features a neutral or pale pink colour base coat with a crisp white painted tip.  It creates a clean, natural, and elegant look that enhances the nail's beauty.


Okay, nail cosmetology lesson out the way let's dive into the story.
 
A couple of weeks back, one evening after work I was sat on the couch chatting to my Wife.  I was asking her how her day had been when suddenly her fingernails caught my attention.  It had only taken a quick flash of those brilliant white tips before I had homed in on them like a moth to a patio light! 
 
"Ooh I love your nails" I said,  "Lets have a look."
 
As she held her up hands towards me, my eyes quickly locked onto her glossy fingernails and I took her hands into mine so I could admire them close up.  "Those are gorgeous, I'm so jealous" I said jokingly as I studied them in greater detail, my heart beating ever so slightly faster with excitement.
 
Having not long got back from having them done they were perfect in every way. Immaculate, glossy, neat, and extremely classy. Seeing them in all their glory, right there and then,  I really did feel jealous. 
 
"They're really nice them love" I said, "I wish I could have mine done like that."
 
I think it was a long time since she'd had a French Polish Manicure, and to be honest I don't think I'd seen her nails done like that since our wedding day.  She's never really been one for nail polishes, and I think it's safe to say that I have more bottles of the stuff than she does.
 
She does know I like Nail Polishes and French Polish Manicures but I don't think she realised that evening just how envious I really was. I definitely spent that following week swooning over them every time we were together.
 
Anyway, a few days later whilst thinking about things to blog about, I thought that this would actually be something worth writing about and went about getting a couple of photos from the internet of French Polish Manicures to possibly use with my story.  Then I said to myself why not ask my wife if I can take some photos of her nails instead.
 
I had already mentioned to my Wife earlier in the week about my new blog and so I told her about my plan to write about her getting her nails done and how doing so made me feel envious.  I explained that I wanted to tell my story because when I had told her that day that I was jealous, I don't think she knew exactly just how jealous I really was about her having her nails done like that.
 
She said she was more than happy for me take a few photos so I showed her the image from the web that I was going to use and I asked if she could hold her hand in a similar pose.  

I took a couple of photos with my phone but upon closer inspection we realised that her nails had grown somewhat and therefore the pink polish had shifted up leaving some bare nail exposed at the base.  Also, there were a few scuffs on a couple of the nails which ruined the look.
 
"Why don't you wait until Tuesday evening" she asked, "I'm getting them done again that afternoon so you can get some better photos then."
 
And so, on Tuesday evening just gone, once again I got to admire her new freshly done French Polish Manicure and I was able to take some photos for this post.
 

As an added bonus, my daughter had gone with her Mum that afternoon and she'd had her nails done too so I got to take some photos of both their gorgeous manicured nails.

Worth every penny don't you agree!

Here's my nails right now:

Crying out for a French Polish Manicure they are!

Thanks for reading
 
Lotte x

7 comments:

  1. Yes, the style is certainly beautiful. And, to those perceptive enough, there's a lot of implicit content in your post about other issues facing us. Thanks for telling me about your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks for checking out my new blog Ally. Yes, there certainly are other issues that face us that aren’t always easy to see.

      Delete
  2. If I may say, your wife has beautiful hands and fancy nails. No wonder you were so enthralled with the results.

    FWIW, my own nails started to take a bit of a hammering, so I started to use a 'diamond coat' to protect them. The good thing about that is the material helps pretty them, and gives a lovely finish too. Would recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my wife and my daughter’s hands are beautiful. Did you not like my nails too? I’ve got them a decent length but they’re no way near as nice as theirs lol.

      What brand is the diamond coat then Lynn?

      Delete
    2. Too late to backtrack now, Jones! 😁 Umm, yes? I thought that was obvious by omission 😉 I'll see myself out. 🙃

      I've tried two protectors and they're both rather good: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails and Nail HQ Complete Care.

      Delete
  3. I must admit that up to a month ago, my fingernails were a bloody disgrace, and I’m not swearing when I say bloody. I have been chewing them to the point of making the skin around them bleed. But no more. I’m making a concerted effort not to bite them and it’s paying off. They are beginning to look quite nice. After seeing your wife and daughter’s fingernails, I now have nail envy too. Your nails are very nice too.xx

    ReplyDelete