They say there's a first time for everything
and they're right. Very soon I will be going for my first ever
makeover and photo-shoot. I have booked an appointment at
Femme Side Studio in Syston in Leicestershire.
I'm nervously excited about the occasion but
worried at the same time. I am worried about being hugely
disappointed by how it will turn out. In my head I think about having a makeover all the
time. I have visions of myself all glammed up in makeup looking totally feminine, but the truth is I'll
probably never achieve what i see in my visions.
I'd considered going for a makeover a few times when I
first came out to my Wife. I looked around and found a few possible
places that offered a makeover and photoshoot package, but I was always put off by either the price or the distance I'd
have to travel for it.
It was only recently after something happened at home that I decided to finally commit to booking myself in for a makeover and photoshoot.
What happened I hear you ask.
Well just over a month ago my wife and daughter had booked
themselves a weekend Spa Break at a not too far away hotel. Knowing I'd have the weekend to myself I promised myself some Lotte time and so made preparations for that weekend.
First off I decided to buy a couple of wigs from Amazon and so I spent a few nights carefully picking some that I thought would possibly look okay on me and wouldn't break the bank. I opted for three in the end, all of them synthetic and neck length..
Next I ordered some makeup from
Boots which included foundation, primer, lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher, mascara, eyeliner and some eyebrow pencils.
Lastly, I purchased myself a few items of clothing, a black bodysuit with a sweetheart style bust and lace patchwork detail, a satin pyjama set comprising of a camisole top and shorts, and a red satin nightie.
The Amazon Bodysuit I purchased
With everything now in place, I waited eagerly for the following Friday when that evening I would have the house to myself all weekend for the first time in ages.
Friday came, and that evening I remember it being extremely warm to the point that just I was sweating just sitting on the couch watching television.
I'd been tidying around the house most of the day and was already feeling hot, sweaty and tired so I took myself off upstairs for shower.
After a shower I laid out some clothes that I planned to wear for the evening. Nothing too special just the black bodysuit I'd bought off Amazon, a black pencil skirt, some nude coloured tights and a pair of black patent heels.
The look I had planned for that evening
Stripped down to just my underpants my plan was to get glammed up with makeup before getting dressed but the temperature in the house was still extremely warm and I could feel sweat starting to run down my forehead. I tried going downstairs to see if it was cooler in the living room but it was no good, I couldn't escape the heat anywhere. I guess that's the downside to living in a house that is freezing in the winter and boiling hot in the summer!
There was no way in the world that I was ever going to get any makeup applied that night, not unless I wanted it ruined by the streams of sweat that were pouring down my face.
Then I made a fatal mistake, I reached for one of the new wigs I'd purchased from Amazon and placed it onto my head. I guess I should have known better than buying something as important as a wig from Amazon. Not because all Amazon stuff is rubbish but due to the fact that wig was cheap and therefore was never going to be anything amazing.
As I fought with the wig in a desperate bid to make it look it presentable, the more I saw myself in the mirror the more I began to feel down. Instead of seeing the vision I have of my feminine self I just saw a sad grotesque middle aged man looking back at me and reality hit me hard that I'm never going to achieve the vision I have. I battled with the wig for what seemed like an eternity and eventually I threw the towel in. I just couldn't get it to look the way I wanted it to.
Seeing myself as just a man in a dress
I grabbed the next one and that was no better. Again and again I tried repositioning the wig on my head, but no matter what I seemed to do it just looked a mess and now feeling rather dejected I called it quits and decided instead to have an early night.
Do you want to know what the worst thing is about this wig caper?
I already have a decent wig that I paid a lot of money for. I'd bought it from a wig shop in Southport and the nice lady shop owner 'Jenny' who has since passed away cut and styled it for me. I've never worn it since and its is currently at the back of my wardrobe somewhere in a box nice and safe!
The only positive thing about the whole evening was that with the bed all to myself I could finally experience sleeping in a soft satin nightie, something that I'd been longing to do for a long while.
So with a blast of Jimmy Choo's Blossom Perfume on my neck and wrists I climbed into bed and settled down for the evening.
The following evening it was still too warm for makeup, wigs and dressing so once again I settled for an early night but tonight I got to wear my new black satin pyjamas.
Being able to sleep in women's nightwear is something that I hope I will be able to repeat again soon. The feeling of soft satin against your skin and the smell of your favourite perfume as you doze off is so satisfying. It most definitely helps when the pink fog is thick I can tell you!
The weekend had turned out disastrous on the dressing front, and that’s when I realised that I urgently needed to get myself booked in somewhere for a makeover.
I looked around and did my homework and eventually
found a dressing service that I was happy to chance. After some
emailing back and forth, I committed myself to a date and paid my
deposit.
Shortly afterwards, whilst out with my sister, I mentioned to her about
my disastrous weekend and I told her that I'd booked myself in for a
makeover. I explained to her that I'd be going on my own as I couldn't
ask my wife because whilst she is quite supportive, she said wouldn't be
able to cope with seeing me dressed as she thinks it would mess with
her head. Then, before I knew it my sister had volunteered to come
along with me, provide some morale support and to keep me company on the
240 mile round trip to the makeover studio.
Fast forward to early last week...
As my appointment date neared I made contact again to check that
everything was okay for the agreed date and I asked what I needed to
bring.
"Just yourself, some nylons and a pair of knickers" was the reply.
Now despite having have lots and I mean lots of heels, dresses, tops,
skirts, leggings, and hosiery, knickers are the one thing that I don't
actually have apart from one pair of shapewear briefs. Therefore I was
going to have to buy some prior to the grand day.
All that was left to do was actually tell my wife as I wasn't going to
keep this secret from her.. I prepared the ground on Friday just gone
by mentioning to her that I'd booked a day off work one day
next week as I was going out with my sister for the day. She asked
where we were going but I dodged the question as I had to rush out for
work.
On Saturday afternoon whilst my wife and I were in our back garden doing
some gardening I told her why I'd really booked the day off and where
me and my sister were really going.
She took my news well, obviously there were many questions but I told
her about my disastrous weekend and how a makeover and photoshoot was
something that I really needed right now. I explained to her that time
was running out for me and that it was now or never. I didn't want to
regret not doing it. She said she understood where I was coming from.
I told her about what the makeover and photoshoot involved and I
mentioned that they provide everything and I just need to turn up with
nylons and knickers. I joked to her about not having any knickers as
I'm not really one for knickers and straight away she said "Don't worry,
we'll get some on Sunday after our morning walk."
Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting that!
Yesterday, whilst out for our Sunday morning walk, we talked more about
the upcoming appointment and in particular expectations. She told me not
to get disheartened if reality didn't meet my expectations and not to
let it mess with my head.
And so, after our walk, whilst shopping together for supplies for the
upcoming week, for the first time ever my Wife bought me Knickers.
Nothing fancy, just some everyday supermarket brand high leg style but
nevertheless actual knickers. The fact that she'd gone out of her way
to get them for me too, meant so much.

I'm not even sure whether they'll actually hold all my bits in, I'll
have to check before the day. However, I'm still pinching myself, to
check it wasn't all a dream.
By the end of next week I will have had my first makeover and photoshoot session and I will either be elated or disappointed. I'm hoping it'll be the former and not the latter.
Fingers crossed hey.
Thanks for reading
Lotte x
I hope your trip over to Leicestershire goes well, Lotte. It's a nice part of the Midlands; quite rural and a lot of greenery. If there's time, the country park - Watermead - is pretty. There's a lot of paths around the lakes and shade from the trees.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed the makeover goes well. I can't say I've had the experience, with I do know of two Chams folk who've been, and Femme side did a fab job. Both friends looked, well, their best, really. Not OTT or Dialled Up To Eleven, but stylish and sophisticated.
As to the weekend that didn't go well, may I say, I feel you pain? The letdown of items not working, the environment conspiring against us, and the curse of the clock; knowing that "I'll just try again later", isn't always an option. Yeah, been there. It's pants.... and not in a fab, accepting way.
Thanks Lynn. Yes fingers crossed it will be a positive experience.
DeleteI have struggled with the heat this Summer and it’s stopped me dressing many times, so I know how you feel. You’re makeover sounds good and I’m sure you’ll look fantastic.xx
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed it will Deeanna.
DeleteYour makeover artist will be used to working with TGirls of all kinds and will know what would work for you, obviously discussing your wishes as well. I think you will be stunned by the gorgeous woman you see in the mirror. In fact, you might be disappointed going home and not being able to reproduce the look perfectly!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with the support you get from your wife and sister. For some of us, those are dreams that could become reality only in another universe and dimension. Think of all those loving women wanting you to join them in femininity. You lucky thing.
I think it will be an amazing experience. Please do share any photos, if you want to. You'll get only admiration from the rest of the trans community.
Sue xx
Yes, I consider my self lucky to have the level of support my wife gives as many in my position aren’t so fortunate.
DeleteI can confirm that I have now had my makeover, as to the experience, you’ll have to read my next post.