Sunday, August 17, 2025

Admiring the Look: A Long Silk Skirt

 
 
As I was walking back to the car park after work on Friday evening, a woman in front of me caught my eye. Not in the usual way — I wasn’t admiring her walk or her phone-scrolling skills — but her skirt.

It was a long pearly white silky skirt, almost ankle-length, that clung to her just right. With every step she took, the setting sun bounced off the fabric, making it shimmer and glow like freshly polished gloss. Every so often she tugged it down, though given its length there was no risk of any grand reveal.

The skirt alone was enough to make me stop and stare (well, internally at least), but when she paired it with a black vest top and plain white trainer pumps, it became something else entirely. Feminine, yet casual. Breezy, yet stylish. To me, it was the perfect outfit for a warm summer evening.

And I didn’t just like the look. I absolutely loved it.

As I passed her, envy crept in. Her brown hair, silky and tied back in a ponytail, was the perfect finishing touch. There I was, pining for her outfit, and now I was pining for her hair too. In that fleeting moment, I wanted to be her — or at least to borrow her wardrobe (and maybe her stylist).

It’s moments like this that completely consume me. I replay them in my head for hours, sometimes days, and they tug at me in ways I can’t quite explain. Writing about them here helps me untangle the swirl of emotions — the longing, the envy, the curiosity, the joy.
 

Of course, me being me, I’d add my own twist to that outfit. What’s more perfect than slipping on a pair of glossy black patent Louboutins? Daytime chic to evening glamour with just one change of shoes. Now that’s magic.
 
  

8 comments:

  1. Outfit Envy, yeah, on bad days that stings a bit. On a good day, I'm happy for the person - if that makes sense. Not always an easy line to walk, IMO, as I find the But Why Not Goblin can surface and summon the dark clouds.

    On an image now, what are you using to create the new graphics? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense Lynn. I’ll PM you regarding the new graphics and what I’m using. Hopefully they’re adding a little humour to my blog especially when at times my posts are more serious and thought provoking.

      Delete
  2. Dear Lotte, Thanks for visiting my blog and pointing me to your new address. Franzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always seeing women dressed in outfits I'd love to wear and feeling that overwhelming wave of desire and femininity that washes over me at such times. Occasionally I have snuck a vandid photo on my camera, just so I have a reference for me to search out the look and get it myself. Just once I saw a woman in a lovely black and white dress and I loved it so much, that despite being in drab, I approached her and complimented her on her dress. Then I created a bit of a spiel about my wife looking for something and asking where she got it. She thanked me fir the compliment, and told me it was from Msrks & Spencer and it was 3 years old. So it wouldn't be available now. However a week later, the exact same dress as hers, was up fir sale on Ebay. And it was in my size. Well I didn't hesitate and bought it. It looked wonderful on me. Sadly I have it away a couple of years ago, because it no longer fits, and I now I'm not going to be as slim again. But I have the photos and the memories. And I think that dress might feature as a story on my blog in the near future. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deeanna nothing worse than seeing something really nice and then not knowing where it was purchased from or when it was even purchased. Ebay and Vinted are great though for finding items you really love and are having a hard time tracking down in the shops.

      Delete
  4. Naturally other women are going to show us outfits that are appealing. Of course we're going to want to emulate those for ourselves. Unfortunately I find it difficult... no impossible... to discuss these outfits with women I don't know when presenting as male. Social norms inhibit such discussion as creepy.

    ReplyDelete