Wednesday, September 24, 2025

Embracing Femininity: My Journey with a Nostril Piercing


For as long as I can remember, I’ve admired the delicate sparkle of a woman’s nostril piercing, the tiny jewel catching the light, the subtle flash of silver from a small stud. It’s such a simple adornment, yet it carries with it an undeniable grace and femininity. Getting my own nostril pierced felt like a natural step in expressing that side of myself.

But this small stud is more than just an accessory. It’s a tangible connection to a part of me I cherish, my feminine side, which I affectionately call Lotte. Yet, living between these identities can sometimes feel like a quiet battle. There are moments when the “male” part of me wonders if I’m too old for it, worries if I look silly or out of place. But Lotte, with her delicate strength, always wins out. She revels in the way the sunlight catches that tiny stud, turning it into a sparkling reminder of who I am beneath the surface.

There have been times when I removed my nostril piercing, whether because of a healing bump or because that inner conflict tipped the scales in favour of my male identity. Each time, the absence felt like a loss, as if a part of me had been dulled. After almost a year without it, I realised just how much I missed that small piece of sparkle. The inevitable trip back to the piercing studio felt less like a choice and more like a homecoming.

Now, having had my nostril pierced for the fourth time, I’ve vowed never to take it out again. It grounds me on days when dressing up isn’t possible and brings a quiet contentment that goes beyond appearance. Yet, even now, I sometimes catch myself wishing the stud were more delicate, a little more dainty. And other times, when the skin around it looks irritated or red, that small adornment feels less like an expression of femininity and more like a reminder of vulnerability.

Through it all, I’ve learned to be patient, with the piercing, with myself, and with the complex blend of identities I carry. Sometimes the best thing is simply to leave it alone and trust that it will settle in time, much like the way I’ve come to settle comfortably within my own skin.

It’s funny how something so small, a tiny silver stud, can hold so much meaning. It’s not just about style or fashion; it’s about connection, courage, and the freedom to be fully me.

Thank you for reading.

Lotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment