Tonight, I pause to honour the lives of transgender people who are no longer with us, lives cut short by violence, prejudice, and silence. Each name represents a story, a dream, a person who deserved safety, joy, and love.
Transgender Day of Remembrance is not only about mourning; it is about refusing to forget. It is about carrying forward the memory of those we have lost and affirming that their lives mattered.
As candles are lit around the world, I imagine their light stretching across borders and boundaries, weaving together a tapestry of resilience and remembrance. In that glow, I see not only grief but also hope, the hope that one day, no one will be remembered for the violence they endured, but for the fullness of the life they lived.
To all those we honour today, you are remembered, you are cherished, and your legacy continues in the fight for dignity and justice.

Such beautiful words and sentiments. I love the idea of the lights stretching across the world. A lovely post that evokes the spirit of remembrance. Thank you for writing it.
ReplyDeleteDee xx
Aww thanks Dee x
DeleteThank you.
ReplyDeleteYou’re welcome Sue x
DeleteA beautiful post full of wonderful sentiment. You're a terrific person.
ReplyDeleteAww thanks Ally x
DeleteIt’s gentle and beautiful. But also heavy in that way TDOR always is. The way you describe the light stretching across borders is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle x
DeleteThank you for both the lovely words and taking time to think of those we've lost.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynn x
Delete