Fashion is storytelling, and sometimes the best stories belong on a gallery wall. Inspired by a creator I follow on Instagram who experimented with a similar idea, I decided to explore the concept in my own way. For this post, I used AI to turn real outfit photos into paintings and displayed them in curated, museum-like spaces. To complete the narrative, each artwork is accompanied by a figure who mirrors the subject, same pose, same outfit, the same quiet moment of admiration. It’s an experiment in doubling, reflection, and the art that lives within everyday style.
The second image is painting of a photo of me back in the early days of dressing. This was one of my favourite outfits, a jumper dress with 'I Love Fashion' written on the front:
The third image is a painting of another early photo of me wearing a red halter neck mini dress with built in knickers. This dress was hot! Still got it somewhere too:
The forth image is a painting of a photo of me wearing a a grey glittery jumper dress:
The eighth image is a painting of my favourite photo of me taken a few years ago, I love the photo so much:
The last image is a painting of the photo taken by Toni who did my makeup during my first makeover and photoshoot back in August this year. This wasn't a part of the photoshoot, it was actually a photo taken on Toni's mobile as we were trying out different wigs. When I saw the photo I was blown away, I felt like I was finally looking at the real me! I so love that photo:
What do you think, do you like how they turned out?
Thanks for looking
Lotte x










What a fab idea for reworking and sharing the photos that mean so much to you. I know it's AI - not to be Captain Obvious 😁 - but the watercolours and changes really add to the images.
ReplyDeleteI think I can see why you've got your favourites. The portrait ones have really captured you and I think you look amazing.
PS: certainly more interesting than the corner of a community centre stairwell 😁
Thanks Lynn. Yes I do like watercolour art, and as you say it adds to the images.
DeleteDon’t underestimate those stairwell images, I think they’re great 😊
A lovely idea, I really like it. Presenting the photos this way adds some kind of "glam factor".
ReplyDeleteI really like painting #1, it brings in some soft touch that greatly reflects the cute, feminine dress. #5 is simply "wow", red hair, black dress, the puff sleeves - a beautiful, confident woman!
#8 touches me the most because I like the photo very much, it's the one on your profile, right? You look kind of serious on it, but I have the feeling that it shows you, truely you, plain-vanilla, honest. Maybe it's coincidence, but did you notice that AI generated the most people looking at that photo? Maybe it's because they can feel your inside with it.
Thanks for your feedback Kirsten. Yes I did notice there were more people looking at that photo and I remember at the time thinking that it was because it was the best one 🤭
DeleteI have mixed feelings about AI but this is a nice, positive use of it, especially when these lovely images mean so much to you. A photo just records, an artwork can bring out more of the inner person. Nice touch to have you looking at each one whilst wearing the outfit.
ReplyDeleteIt'd be such fun to have a real exhibition like this. I did try on a couple of occasions but it's too huge an effort. I guess this is the next best thing. Thanks for sharing.
Sue xx
Thanks Sue. I would have liked to have had me looking at the paintings of myself but the AI engine I used didn’t allow me so I had to create new people wearing the same outfits.
DeleteI am well aware of the power images can have - I can see why these have been powerful for you: they exude it. The setting, the idea of them hanging in a curated space beyond what you create for yourself is also powerful. It's fascinating to see how that changes the images themselves, I want to say "elevates" but that implies they *could* be elevated beyond what they mean to you already and I'm not sure that can be done...
ReplyDeleteBasically, this is one of the better uses of AI art I've seen. Imagine if you got an artist to create one of the pieces on display!
I also realise I've missed your August, for which I apologise, I foresee some digging in my future 🤭
I hope you have a fantastic week ahead of you and that these images provide the fuel you need for a long time to come.
Joanna xx
Thanks Joanna. Yes it would be lovely to have an artist paint one of those. I understand what you mean by ‘elevates’ too 🙂
DeleteI love the creativity on display here. I'm not a huge AI fan, but I love this. The whole concept is great. You really are a beautiful girl and the artwork brings out the essence of who you are.
ReplyDeleteDee xxx
Aww thanks Dee x
DeleteThese turned out gorgeous. Seriously. There’s something so magical about seeing your outfits reimagined as paintings. And pairing each piece with that mirrored figure? Such a clever idea.
ReplyDeleteI’ve played around with AI before, but never like this. Now you’ve got me wanting to try it myself.
Thank you for sharing these. It’s such a thoughtful, creative experiment, and you pulled it off beautifully. 💜
Thanks Michelle.
DeleteFor me, AI has become a surprisingly meaningful tool. It helps spark creativity and lets me shape my blog in ways I hadn’t been able to before. Since my blog is a kind of personal therapy, having AI as a creative partner has made the process more enjoyable and supportive.
I'm blown away with your creativity and the gallery idea is amazing. Really special seeing a bit of your journey here in this artistic expression.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to your wedding photos - you are going to be a beautiful bride!
Aww thanks Gail x
Delete