I’ve just written a heartfelt Thank You card to my daughter, reflecting on the incredible support she's shown me recently. Her unwavering presence has meant the world to me, and I wanted to express just how deeply I appreciate her. Inside the card, I included this letter:
Dear H,I’ve been reflecting a lot lately, and I felt it was important to take a moment to tell you just how much you mean to me. Thank you for being such a wonderfully supportive daughter and an incredible friend.
Having you in my life is a gift that I cherish every day. Your unwavering love and kindness have been a constant source of strength for me, especially during times when I’ve needed it most. The journey we’ve been on together, with its ups and downs, has shown me the depth of your heart, and I am so grateful for your presence and your patience.
I know our path hasn’t always been easy, losing loved ones, navigating changes, and facing challenges that have tested us both. Through it all, you’ve stood by me with such grace, understanding, and love. Whether in moments of joy or hardship, you’ve been my beacon of light.
I am honoured to have you by my side through all of life’s twists and turns. Your support, especially during some deeply personal moments, has meant more to me than I can ever fully express. I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter or a better friend.
I will always treasure what we share and will continue to be grateful for the way you show up in my life, steadfast and loving, no matter what.
I love you more than words can say, and I’m so proud of the person you are.
With all my heart,Dad xx
I hope the card and message were well revived, Lotte. What a kind gesture.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lynn, it was x
Delete