Sunday, October 26, 2025

Admiring the Look: Effortless Elegance in Navy and Suede

  
 
You know when you see an outfit and instantly think, ooh, I really like that? Maisie Smith’s outfit below is exactly one of those moments.


Maisie Smith, if you don’t know, is an actress who first rose to fame on the BBC soap opera EastEnders in 2008, before later wowing audiences on Strictly Come Dancing.
 
What caught my eye first about her outfit were the textures, the beautiful mix of fabrics and finishes that make the whole look come alive. That navy jumper with its see-through mesh sleeves is such a gorgeous piece. I love the delicate floral embroidery, the soft balloon shape of the sleeves, and the way the elasticated cuffs give it that perfectly gathered look. It’s feminine but still so easy to wear.

Then there’s the pairing with blue skinny jeans, simple, classic, and the perfect balance to the detailed top. And those brown suede knee boots? They finish the look beautifully, adding warmth and a touch of softness that ties everything together.
 
 
I also really like the colours in play here, the deep navy of the jumper, the subtle glimpse of skin showing through the sheer sleeves, the slightly lighter shade of the denim, and the warm brown boots grounding it all. It’s casual, yet chic; effortless, yet put-together.

 
Honestly, it’s exactly the kind of outfit I’d love to wear myself, comfy, stylish, and just that little bit special. Perfect for a weekend coffee run, a stroll through town, or a laid-back dinner out.
 
AI created image of a woman wearing Maisie's outfit
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Lotte x

2 comments:

  1. Watching TV is not doing your gender dysphoria any good, young lady! lol

    "Casual, yet chic; effortless, yet put-together." I agree, I think it's a nice look.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment Sue. You’re right too, watching TV is definitely not doing the gender dysphoria any good.

      Delete

      Delete