Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Today's Fashion Idea: Edgy Elegance for a Depeche Mode Night

In January 2024, I went to see the electronic music band Depeche Mode, and I remember noticing the variety of outfits that women had chosen for the concert while waiting to enter the venue. One popular choice seemed to be black Depeche Mode merchandise t-shirts, black skinny jeans, and black patent biker-style boots.

Being a big fan of black patent leather, I must admit that I would have been more than happy to wear that outfit myself, had I been a bit more daring.

Afterward, it got me thinking about what my dream outfit for a Depeche Mode concert would be, and here’s the look I chose:


 
For the Depeche Mode concert, I wanted an outfit that was as bold and unique as the band itself. I chose a black vest top featuring the iconic 'Violator' rose, paired with black vinyl hot pants and black whale net tights to bring an edgy, rebellious vibe. The black patent thigh-high boots add a daring, sleek touch, while the black vinyl, full-length gloves that reach past the elbows give the look a high-fashion, almost futuristic feel. 
 
I picked this outfit because going to a concert should be all about dressing up for the occasion. I wanted to create a look that was sexy, standout, and a bit unconventional, something that captures both the raw energy of Depeche Mode's music and my own self-expression through fashion.


How my outfit would look in reality, thanks to AI

Do you think I succeeded in the look I was trying to create?


A more casual look for a Depeche Mode concert

Going back to the popular outfit choice at that concert, I did like that look as well. While it was more casual, I think the black patent biker boots and the punk belt really elevated the overall style. What do you think, do you like the casual look?


To be fair, the boots in the casual look are probably more comfortable for standing and watching a concert than the ones in my dream outfit!

Thanks for reading,

 Lotte x 

UPDATE 31/10/2025

It was pointed out to me that it is rather cold in January and therefore the casual look may be a wiser choice.  A fair point, but I have a solution for that, a nice long black teddy fur coat:

 

UPDATE 22/11/2025

At my recent Bridal Makeover and Photoshoot, I had a bit of fun after the bridal photoshoot by bringing my Depeche Mode inspired outfit idea to life:

 

4 comments:

  1. I think we still play Enjoy the Silence as it's such a good track.

    As to the outfits, the jeans won't get snagged and might be warmer in January. As to boot comfort, I think that depends on sitting down and/or walking needs 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the Silence is without doubt one of Depeche Mode’s best tracks and still sounds awesome some 35 years after its initial release.

      Oh yes you’re so right, it would be cold outside in January, no worries though as I’d wear this whilst queuing outside the venue:

      https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhUiSe8bBKMBz-W4YPLsMSDW9NxUcN8TgtLNb-upxNitqs2g3PrWgA1327BmP9HSTCZTJyzgXAtAQcEGp86vNz_ykn1_Zex0bG6_SkUx9ZLyps6Yz_FSFCiy4YMryKI3UhpJ5d740l-j3xjnwHCTptSFoKl4POQTXVk_lpfeRcfSDP3OQ/s1600/IMG_2701.jpeg

      Once inside, the coat would be dropped off in the cloak room as it can get warm, especially as Dave Gahan won’t come out and perform until the stage has warmed up to a certain temperature.

      I was lucky enough to be at the front when I went to watch them and the safety stewards were giving out water to the those at the front because it was rather warm by the stage.

      At my age it would probably be a safer bet wearing the T-shirt and skinny jeans but one can dream 😊

      Delete
    2. ". especially as Dave Gahan won’t come out and perform until the stage has warmed up to a certain temperature."

      C'mon, Dave, you nesh bogger. Fans are waiting 😁

      Delete
  2. I am a huge Depeche Mode fan. I first saw tihem on the Speak And Spell tour back in 1981 and on every subsequent tour until the tour for Spirit, when my Wife was ill. I used to have a gorgeous Violator long sleeved top, with the red roses running down the length of the arms, and a rose on the chest with a small DM either side of it. It was unisex, but very feminine. I bought it on the VioIator show at Wembley in 1990. I wore it in both guy and girl mode. Once with a black pvc mini skirt, opaque tights and ankle boots. It looked great. Sadly I lost a few photos and that was one of them. I wish I still had that top.

    Dee xxx

    ReplyDelete