So, I've managed to be a bit more on the ball putting this post together and therefore it hasn't taken as long as it did writing my last Key Moments from Recent Weeks post. I'm not sure if it's shorter this time as Lotte has been a busy girl.
MORE WIGS
"You'll never learn" I can hear everyone saying, but yes, I bought another two wigs from Amazon. I wanted to try some lighter colours after my makeover in August, so I got the following:

I know, I was gullible. I was drawn in by the photos of the models and stupidly I had visions in my head of myself wearing them and looking exactly like them. It will of course end in disappointment I'm sure and maybe it will make me finally realise that I need to stop buying these cheap wigs and invest in a good quality one that's going to look more genuine. Actually if the truth be told, I'm actually looking into getting a really good quality wig and my sister has offered to go wig shopping with me (her idea), which will be good.
MORE SHAPEWEAR
I bought some more shapewear the other day, this time, something for the hips. I will tell you if it was any good once I've had the opportunity to try it out.
As well as the hip shapewear I've got myself some new boobies and and
some bras for them to go in. They're just in case I want a bit more of a
enhanced look on top!
REMEMBER THOSE BLACK PATENT ANKLE BOOTS
FROM MY LAST 'WEEKLY SUMMARY POST'?
There was only ever going to be one outcome after seeing those patent ankle boots on the woman in the Morrisons café: me buying a pair of ankle boots for myself!
I couldn't find any boots exactly like the ones I'd described before, but I did fall in love with the 'New Look' chunky-heeled Chelsea boots shown below. They were secondhand on eBay, in excellent condition, and dirt cheap, so I snapped them up!
They’ve quickly become my favourite pair of ankle boots, they look great and they're really comfy. Perfect for pairing with leggings and a sweater, or with a floral dress and black tights.
MORE DRESSES
I never mentioned in my last Weekly Summary post about the dresses I'd recently purchased as it was already quite a long post so I'll mention them now. The following are all from New Look:
Since then I've bought two more dresses, both from Dorothy Perkins::
Now, if you saw my previous post about the Green Floral Dress and Patent Chelsea Boots outfit idea, you'll know that the dress above is the one featured in that post. It was inevitable that I would buy it after falling in love with it on the Dorothy Perkins website... and, well, I did!
Unfortunately, they only had the dress in a 'petite' size 18, but that didn’t stop me from buying it. I took a gamble, hoping it would fit.
On Friday morning, I was lucky enough to have a couple of hours of Lotte time, which meant I could finally try out that fashion idea, having recently acquired both the dress and the black patent Chelsea boots.
The photo isn't the best, it was a bit rushed and I don’t think it fully showcases the outfit, but I think my gamble paid off. The dress seemed to fit me perfectly!
What do you think, a good fit? Oh and do you like my wig on this photo? It's one of those Amazon ones I mentioned earlier in this post.
WEDDING BELT AND GARTER
Apart from perhaps a bra which Lynn happened to remind me about, I think I have everything I need for the bridal makeover and photo-shoot now. My last two recent purchases for the big day were a lovely belt to go around the wedding dress and of course an obligatory garter just in case I'm asked to show a leg!
The belt I got from eBay but it's originally from Wed2Be and can be see
HERE
It's described as follows:
A sparkling bridal belt covered in an array of clear crystals and iridescent pearldrop beads. Designed to be hand tied or sewn at the waist. Motif size- length: 70cm, height: 2.5cm. Total length of belt: 345cm. Width of ribbon: 2cm.
A PLACE FOR PEDICURES AND WAXING
I've discovered a beauty salon near my workplace that offers manicures, pedicures, and waxing services, including for men. I'm seriously considering going there soon for a back, chest, and leg wax, and I might even treat myself to a pedicure with a sleek black glossy finish. The salon is tucked away, so I won’t feel like a goldfish in a bowl.
I’ll keep you updated on how it goes.
RECENT TV CAPTURES
What's that about, you ask? Well, it's a habit I've developed, one that seems to have grown out of the 'pink fog' I find myself in. Whenever I see a woman on TV with something that catches my eye, whether it's her hairstyle or the outfit she's wearing, I can’t help but hit the record button. Later that evening, I watch the recording again, pausing to take screen grabs with my phone. It’s become a ritual, a way of holding onto fleeting moments, almost like trying to capture something that feels just out of reach.
But more than that, it's a form of therapy. It quiets my mind, distracts me from obsessing too much over the things I’ve seen and liked, and helps me find some peace in the chaos of it all. But is it truly helpful, or just a way of avoiding the deeper questions I should be facing? Maybe I’ll never know, but in that moment, it works.
Here are some of my screen caps from recent weeks:
The first screen capture was all about the dress that the guest panellist Rachel Cunliffe was wearing and her hair style on Sky's Press Preview show. She's a regular panellist on this show and I so loved her hair and dress on this particular episode. I was a bit transfixed with her hair and extremely envious.
The second screen capture features Rachel Cunliffe again on another episode of the Press Preview show. Again I loved her hairstyle and also her outfit, particular the colour of her jacket and how it went so well with her black top. What colour would you describe the jacket as being? Aqua, duckegg blue, turquoise, arctic blue?
The third and final screen capture was from a recent episode of Saturday Kitchen Live and in this episode I absolutely loved regular guest Carmel Heavey's burgundy outfit. I always check to see when she's going to be on the show as she does wear some lovely outfits. I think I've got a screen capture from an episode over the Xmas period one year. She wore a lovely silver sequin jacket on that episode with some rather pretty studded black patent strap high heels sandals. I shall have to dig that one out.
I think I'll feature her burgundy outfit in another post, so watch out for that.
MAGAZINE COVERS
It’s a bit the same with magazine covers. Sometimes, when I spot one on the shelves featuring a woman with a particular hairstyle, outfit, or makeup look I like, I’ll find myself searching online for an image of that exact cover so I can download it and keep it.
A perfect example is the latest Cosmopolitan magazine cover, featuring the stunning Margaret Qualley. For me, it’s her hair, her makeup, that gorgeous strapless red dress, and her body shape. She exudes femininity effortlessly, and when I see her, I can’t help but wish I could look just like her.
UPDATE ON GROWING MY HAIR OUT
My hair is getting long on top now, and the sides and back are definitely growing out. I looked back at recent photos, and it seems it's been about two months since my last haircut. I also checked photos from when I last had it long, and it looks like it took just over a year for it to grow from short to the length in the photos below:
Based on that, it won't be until around September 2026 before It's back to that length again. That is providing it grows at the same as rate as last time of course. That seems such an awfully long time to have to wait but I have no choice.
WEARING A BRA TO THE GYM
I kind of knew that after getting my nipples pierced, it could end up being problematic when it came to running. It was an issue before, so it was definitely going to be one afterwards. The combination of a sweat-soaked running top, bouncing baps, and prolonged rubbing meant bleeding and a stinging pain that lasted for ages after each run.
I tried special plasters, but with the piercings, they didn't sit right and kept coming off halfway through my runs. In desperation, I opted for a STATsport running vest, and oh my god, what a difference it made!
It’s called a vest, but let’s be honest, it’s probably more accurate to call it a sports bra. Call it what you want, but since wearing it. It’s ideal for gynaecomastia sufferers like me, as it holds everything in place, eliminates excessive bouncing, and completely stopped any chafing. I'd say it’s probably the best £30 I’ve spent, but I’d be lying, I'm pretty sure the £30 sequin dress I bought a few years ago was way better, but you get what I mean.
I’m not sure how noticeable it is under my running t-shirt, but honestly, I don’t really care. What matters more is that it’s incredibly comfortable, and for the first time in a while, I’m actually enjoying my treadmill runs.
There’s something oddly satisfying about wearing it, though I’m not entirely sure how to explain why. Maybe it’s because it feels just like a bra, and there’s something about that connection to my feminine side that resonates with me. I don’t know… but it feels good. In fact, it’s a little exciting and I suppose a reminder that comfort and authenticity sometimes come from the most unexpected places.
PIERCED AGAIN
I had recommended the piercing place to my daughter and wife, and my daughter made two visits there soon after. The first was to get two piercings in each ear lobe, and the second was for another piercing in each ear.
On her second visit, she took her mum along, and now they both have three studs in each ear. Her mum already had three studs in one ear and one in the other, so she ended up getting two more.
Not wanting to feel left out, I decided to pop in during my lunch break last Wednesday and got another stud in each ear lobe myself. So now, I have two studs in each ear lobe. Maybe I’ll stop there, who knows?
I just need to take care of the hairs that have mysteriously sprouted in my ears over the past couple of weeks. It’s definitely an age thing, I never had hair grow there until I hit forty.
It took a few days before my wife finally noticed my new piercings, and her first question was, 'Why?' She pointed out that having two piercings would make my wearing earrings even more noticeable. Quite ironic, considering it took her a while to even notice! She also asked if I had any other surprises in store, and I reassured her that there was nothing else planned
I think I’ll let the dust settle for now... but who knows, maybe one day I’ll add a third piercing to each lobe.
I think that's everything for now, thanks for reading,
Lotte x
You look super cute in your outfit, Lotte. And, yes, I think the wig suits. Go out like that and you'll be turning heads.
ReplyDeleteI'm envious that you can grow your own hair long like that. Lucky girl. Hair can be shorter but still feminine so maybe you could enjoy styling it in different ways as gradually grows to the length you want.
I am going to be your annoying Blue Fairy now. Your wife "also asked if I had any other surprises in store, and I reassured her that there was nothing else planned". But you also said, "Maybe I’ll stop there, who knows?" Girls talk over their plans with each other. Being feminine isn't, in my experience, just being about clothes and stuff but about living a woman's life. So do let her know what you have in mind. ...Now you can bite my wagging finger if you must!
Sue xx
Aww thanks for your kind comments Sue. I take on board your advice regarding discussing things with my better half, thanks 🙂
DeleteLotte x
Ooh, lots to enjoy in this post. I loved reading about what you’ve been up to. Your new wig looks great. Those cheap wigs on Amazon can actually look really good. The difference between them and a quality wig is usually the coarseness of the fibres. So they aren’t good for styling. And they don’t last as well as better quality wigs, but that’s not a problem for part time girls.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing you putting one of your style ideas into reality. You look absolutely gorgeous in that outfit.
I take photos of women on television,whose outfits I like too. Especially news readers and weather girls.
I love the look of those shaping pants. They look lovely. I’ll be interested in hearing how you get on with them.
As to your new piercings, do be careful about springing surprises on your wife like that. She is very supportive of you, but must sometimes worry about losing her husband in the pink mist. So it’s important that you don’t give her cause to worry about that.
Dee xx
Thanks for stopping by and reading my post Dee. Glad you found lots to enjoy. Thanks for your kind comments about my outfit photo too.
DeleteLotte x