Sunday, October 12, 2025

Today’s Outfit Idea: Green Floral Dress and Patent Chelsea Boots

Okay I'll admit, this outfit idea isn't really that much different than what the model on the Dorothy Perkins website is wearing.  However, instead of the black leather ankle boots,, I've opted for a pair of black patent chunky heeled Chelsea boots instead.  

Now I can't remember how I stumbled across the dress, but when I saw it on the model along with the black tights and ankle boots I instantly fell in love with the look.

  
Model from the Dorothy Perkins website

What's not to love about this look?  The gorgeous floral dress, those soft black tights and those stylish black leather ankle boots. Nice already but personally I think that black patent chunky heeled Chelsea boots really enhance the look.

AI created image of my outfit idea
 
The dress, listed as a green floral frill detail blouson sleeve mini dress can be found HERE, and is described as follows:
This Dorothy Perkins mini dress combines feminine charm with contemporary style. The eye-catching frill detailing adds a playful touch, while the blouson sleeves create a romantic silhouette that's both on-trend and modest. Perfect for casual gatherings, style with opaque tights and ankle boots as shown for cooler days, or bare legs and ballet flats when the weather warms up. The versatile design makes it ideal for family brunches, casual office days, or weekend outings with friends. Layer with a denim jacket for a relaxed look or add a tailored blazer to dress it up slightly. The petite cut ensures the proportions are just right, with the mini length hitting at the perfect spot to flatter your frame without overwhelming it.


Replace those black patent Chelsea boots with a pair of black patent stilettos and the look goes from everyday wear to evening wear:

 

 

Classy and gorgeous!  What do you think?

Thanks for reading,

 Lotte x 

8 comments:

  1. Yes, nice outfit. I'd totally wear that, but with a higher heel ;-)

    My IT skills are not very good. I assume that the little pink-framed boxes you post here with outfit ideas containing the photos of the items with their descriptions is some kind of program? If so, it's rather a useful one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,

      I actually create all of those outfit collages myself from scratch. I designed the frame using GIMP, giving it that soft, cloudy look, and I use that as the base each time I make a new collage.

      From there, I add each item layer by layer, resizing and positioning them until everything fits just right, then finish it off with the descriptions.

      It’s definitely a labour of love—but I find the whole process incredibly relaxing and therapeutic.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Best Wishes

      Lotte x

      Delete
    2. Then I'm very impressed with your collage skills, Lotte, as these cute desire boxes, if I can call them that, are delightful. Keep up the good work. Sue xx

      Delete
    3. ‘Cute desire boxes’, I like that description and it’s so nice to read that you find them a delight Susan. Thanks 😊

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit idea. I think you will look amazing wearing it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab looking outfit. Is it my age that makes me think chunky boots rather than heels? 😁

    "The petite cut ensures..." taller customers will be buying leggings and/or being very careful when sitting 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Might be an age thing that Lynn 🤭 Yeah I had heard that about petite sizes. I’d never normally go for a petite size unless it was a last resort.

      Delete